Frequently Asked Questions


Make deposits at any NCB branch islandwide to account # 471043885. When lodging cheques to this account, kindly advise of the amount donated and how you wish it to be used. Please make cheques payable to Food For The Poor Jamaica and indicate on the back of the cheques, the specific area of contribution.

Mail cheques to: Food For The Poor P.O. Box 557 Ellerslie Pen Spanish Town St. Catherine, Jamaica.

Drop cheques in specially marked boxes at these locations.

Contributions to FFP are tax-deductable.

General Questions

Currently, we do not have a programme in place to adopt a child. However,through our main affiliate, FFP Inc, you may sponsor a child through its Angels of Hope (AOH) Programme. For further information on how to sponsor a child.

A letter of recommendation is required from each applicant which should briefly explain the current situation that you are in. This recommendation should be written by a Pastor or a Justice of the Peace (JP). Along with this letter of recommendation, the following documents should be attached:
  • Land Owner: Copies of the land title and tax receipt
  • Leased Land:
    • Copies of the Lease Agreement, signed by a JP
    • Lease must be for a minimum of ten years
    • Land title or tax receipt
  • Land You Have Received Permission To Build On
    • Copies of the permission letter from land owner (signed by a JP), land title or tax receipt.
  • Original documents should not be submitted!

The Guys at Database Technologies Limited.

Contact us at: