How do I apply for a Food For The Poor house?
When applying for a Food for the Poor House, you must provide the following documents:
- Letter Stating Living Condition: A letter written by a Pastor or JP detailing your current living situation. Must be stamped and signed respectively.
- Land History Letter: Please see attached form which should be used as a guide when preparing this letter. N.B. This letter should be done if original land owner/owners are deceased. (NB: The land history must begin with the original land owner)
- Permission letter: Permission must be in writing from person/persons who have ties to the land through purchase or inheritance. The letter needs their consent, name and signature and must be stamped and signed by JP.
- Copy of will (if any)
- Copy of title (if any)
- Copy of land Owner's ID and contact number
- Updated tax receipt: 2018 – 2020
Please see attached for guidelines below.
- Requirement for a Food For the Poor House (PDF)
This should be use as a guide for first time applicants as well as applicants who need to update their documents.
- Letter to all Applicants (PDF)
This is used alongside the Requirements for a Food For The Poor House as it informs the applicant about the housing processes of Food for the Poor.
- The Application Form (PDF)
These forms are used to document information about the applicant and verify the documents received using the check list at the back.
- Land History Form (PDF)
This form must be filled out if the bona fide/legitimate property is deceased detailing the history of the land. The questions below are arranged to gather maximum information from the property owner/s about the land tenure.
This is an application and there is no guarantee that a house will be provided.
There is No cost for the application or house construction!
IF THE LAND OWNER(S) LIVE OVERSEAS, A WRITTEN CONSENT LETTER IS REQUIRED WITH THEIR IDENTIFCATION CARD AND MUST VERIFIED BY A NOTARY PUBLIC.